OK, this first Discover post isn't about something new, it's about REdiscovery.
And it isn't my idea, but the brilliant Rob Cottingham's.
But I have so much unrated and forgotten music on my iTunes that I just had to share his tips.
- Routine Listening - making sure you cycle through some of your least played, highest rated
- Discovery - cycling through your unrated music to find great songs you may have forgotten
I'm doing the second one (Discovery .. see the connection?), RIGHT NOW:
Create a Smart Playlist that includes following criteria:
- Rating is < 1 star (i.e. unrated)
- Media is Music (I've never used this criteria - I had just never rated my videos - thanks, Rob!)
- Genre is not Holiday, Holiday - Spoken Word (yeah!), Comedy, Voiceover or Voice Memo (Rob has other genre exclusions - always interesting to see what genres people use)
Thanks, Rob! Make sure you swing by his blog and read the full post!! And while you're there, stop by Noise to Signal, Rob's amazing cartoon about social media, business and how we live in the digital world.
Anyone else have any iTunes tips?