I'm trying to post at least once a week. I didn't really mention my new blogging goals for this year because 1) no one cares and 2) see #1. I did decide not to talk about marketing all the time which has made me happier and possibly more interesting. So, Wednesday is my day to write a new post. Today is Wednesday. And I have a LOT of great blog post ideas in my Wunderlist "Great Blog Post Ideas" List.
But none of them are really speaking to me.
And then I saw this post on how to blog in 5 minutes a day. Which is great if I wanted to a) slap up my audio file on the blog or b) then spend 20 minutes transcribing. Plus, that 5 minutes doesn't really include cleaning up the formatting and adding links and pictures. So, I kind of think that post is bullshit. Though I did read on Penelope Trunk's blog about how she is experimenting with dictating her posts to her trusty assistant, Melissa.
I need a trusty assistant.
But at present, I don't have one.
And that isn't really why I couldn't pull it together to write a post.
In reality, these are the reasons this post didn't get written:
1. ZOMG, millions of cute sharpei. If we're friends on Facebook, you may have seen that I posted this picture (via Pei People) earlier in the week. It's now my desktop wallpaper. I can't stop looking at these dogs. What if we had 5 more Emmy Lous?!? (If you have a dog and want an invite to Pack, leave a comment - I have a couple).
2. Sun and Booze. We just booked our fall vacation to Mexico. I can't stop looking at pictures and reviews of the resort. We've been there twice before. We know what to expect. But I am obsessing. This is a picture from a couple of years ago - I took it while sitting on a chaise lounge next to the Refresh bar. I can't wait to be there again.
3. My ongoing iPad game obsession is Kingdom Rush. Yeah, it's a tower defense game. But it is the best tower defense game EVER. They just released a couple of final new levels plus a HARD mode that is supposed to keep us all busy until their new game comes out, Kingdom Rush: Frontiers. I don't know how I am going to wait.
4. Handy graphs are handy. I'm obsessively tracking my sleep patterns on my new UP band from Jawbone. I got one of these as part of my TED Live membership this year (thank you, Jawbone). And I am obsessed with my sleep patterns. First of all - how does it know?! Second - some days, I am a terrible sleeper. I also track steps and yoga workouts in here. You can put in your mood (which I do occasionally) and your food (which is a huge pain in the ass from an interface point of view). But the sleep and movement tracking is very interesting.
5. Planning for the future. I spent a lot of time recently cleaning out my bookshelves, sorting books for our Little Free Library (more about that in a future post) and then finally getting all the boardgames I pledged on Kickstarter onto the empty shelves (instead of in the middle of the floor of the office). Then I went to YouTube and found tutorial/review videos of all of them. And then I put all those in a playlist. So now, when friends come over (Doran!) and ask "how do you play this game" (one that I haven't even opened yet), I can pull up the video on my Apple TV.
And that's why I didn't write a blog post this week.