A friend of mine is looking for a new job in the technology/marketing space (product marketing for a startup, digital marketing for a client, account person for a digital agency) and asked me for my favourite resources. I came up with the following list:
- OneDegree Job Listings (of course) - mainly marketing, communications and social media positions.
- RedCanary Job Listings - Lots of tech jobs, particularly in the golden triangle, but have recently gotten a few in the US.
- TechVibes Blog Job Listings - Primarily West Coast; great resource.
- Digital Media Jobs Blog - This blog pulls the listings from Betaville. It has been mainly developer stuff, but every once in a while, something marketing-oriented comes across here.
- StandOut Jobs - it’s a Canadian startup itself, but they do a lot of career sites for Cdn startups.
- David Crow maintains a great list of job postings - a lot of UX positions as well as some at startups.
- Finally, the TorCamp group is one to monitor.
So, what others am I missing? Not sites like Monster, but niche sites for jobs in this area. Anything you'd like to share?
Updated (thanks to commenters Stephanie and Lisa):
- TechPort Jobs is a great resource for Nova Scotia IT jobs.
- Media Job Search Canada
- Also Marketing Magazine sometimes has digital-type job listings.
- Interactive Ontario has a job listings section
- New Media BC has a job board
- The IAB of Canada has a job board on Facebook.
- New jobs search engine - indeed.ca - that indexes job boards, classifieds and company websites across Canada.
- @Jobs_Toronto is a regular Twitter stream of (as you would expect) jobs in Toronto
Updated Oct 2009
- Canada Arts Connect has excellent job listings for "Arts Professionals" (writers, artists, musicians, actors, dancers, photographers, etc.)
- The Canadian Marketing Association has a jobs site.